Electronic Design Engineer
The PBE Group, an international, mid-size industrial technology corporation, is in immediate need of a strong team player in the role of Electronic Design Engineer.
The PBE Group is a technology company which designs and manufactures safety, communications, power, and productivity systems for the mining and industrial tunneling markets. The company is actively pursuing strategic acquisitions while growing its sales and distribution capabilities through developing stronger product offerings, recruiting highly skilled individuals, and implementing lean principles throughout the business. PBE has been in operation for 47+ years and proudly employs over 300+ dedicated and hardworking individuals located in 10 countries.
PBE Group offers a full benefit package to include medical, dental and vision. In addition, PBE has a company paid life insurance with AD&D, STD, LTD benefits. PBE offers a 401K retirement plan with eligibility requirements. In addition, PBE employees have the option to purchase critical care, accident, voluntary life and voluntary AD&D. Employment with PBE comes with paid vacation and paid holiday benefits.
Description of responsibilities:
- Work with the Vice President of Design Engineering in maintaining a specific product line. (Enhancements, new products, and new requests)
- Maintain your projects within the work zone and update frequently to keep on schedule.
- Create product requirements for product enhancements and new development efforts.
- Develops and incorporates new technology into the design or re-design of electrical components or products.
- Provide support to field service and manufacturing in the service and support of existing products.
- Simulate, prototype, test, debug portions of the circuitry as required, test and debug loaded PCB’s.
- Support the hardware development process from design, through layout, fabrication, and assembly, to fully-functional production hardware systems.
- Specify, develop, and implement required firmware, software and test setups
- Troubleshoot problems as they occur and develop logical course for corrective action when required.
- Develop test procedures for functionally testing electronic and/or electro-mechanical devices or systems.
- Assist sales/marketing with developing technical specifications for products.
- Minimum of a B.S Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology.
- Minor in Computer Science or similar training/experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with “C”, “C++”, “C#” and assembly programming languages is a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with microcontroller firmware development is a plus.
- Strong Communication Skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be available for domestic/international travel
- Excellent computer skills, math, teamwork, and strong documentation skills
- Must be inquisitive and willing to investigate and learn about new equipment and systems.
- Individual should be self-motivated and a fast leaner.
How to Apply
Please email expressions of interest and resumes to:
The PBE Group