Field Service Technician
The PBE Group, an international, mid-size industrial technology corporation, is in immediate need of a strong team player in the role of Field Service Technician.
The PBE Group is a technology company which designs and manufactures safety, communications, power, and productivity systems for the mining and industrial tunneling markets. The company is actively pursuing strategic acquisitions while growing its sales and distribution capabilities through developing stronger product offerings, recruiting highly skilled individuals, and implementing lean principles throughout the business. PBE has been in operation for 47+ years and proudly employs over 300+ dedicated and hardworking individuals located in 10 countries.
PBE Group offers a full benefit package to include medical, dental and vision. In addition, PBE has a company paid life insurance with AD&D, STD, LTD benefits. PBE offers a 401K retirement plan with eligibility requirements. In addition, PBE employees have the option to purchase critical care, accident, voluntary life and voluntary AD&D. Employment with PBE comes with paid vacation and paid holiday benefits.
Description of responsibilites:
- Troubleshoot PBE products to determine cause of failures utilizing standard test equipment such as equipment such as oscilloscopes, volt ohmmeters, etc. Troubleshoot customer installations in the field to determine cause and corrective action.
- Repair and refurbish PBE products to the latest configuration maintaining soldering and workmanship standards set forth by the Quality department.
- Installation of PBE monitoring system applications including complete understanding of the PBE monitoring system software.
- Maintain all necessary certifications for underground service and repair.
- Perform site system audits and feasibility studies
- Provide technical training to clients
- Performs systems installation, configuration and upgrading of systems and related software and hardware.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Be familiar with both analog and digital two way radio systems, PBE product offerings and future development
- Have experience with field coverage testing and verification
- Be willing to spend a significant time in the field to accomplish the goals of our clients
- Work with Project Manager to support and manage installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of systems
- Support PBE’s Product Development team in collecting information/feedback for product design
- Work with and support manufacturing engineering team with any custom product development.
- Associate degree in electronics or engineering, electrical and electronics equipment repair, electronic technology or other engineering specialty; or, equivalent trade school or military training.
- Ability to report to scheduled work hours promptly.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent problem solving, organization, and customer service skills.
- Must have abstract reasoning skills and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to provide, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as required to customer sites, both international and domestic
How to Apply
Please email expressions of interest and resumes to:
The PBE Group