The PBE Group, an international, mid-size industrial technology corporation, is in immediate need of a strong team player in the role of Mechanical Engineer.
The PBE Group is a technology company which designs and manufactures safety, communications, power, and productivity systems for the mining and industrial tunneling markets. The company is actively pursuing strategic acquisitions while growing its sales and distribution capabilities through developing stronger product offerings, recruiting highly skilled individuals, and implementing lean principles throughout the business. PBE has been in operation for 47+ years and proudly employs over 300+ dedicated and hardworking individuals located in 10 countries.
PBE Group offers a full benefit package to include medical, dental and vision. In addition, PBE has a company paid life insurance with AD&D, STD, LTD benefits. PBE offers a 401K retirement plan with eligibility requirements. In addition, PBE employees have the option to purchase critical care, accident, voluntary life and voluntary AD&D. Employment with PBE comes with paid vacation and paid holiday benefits.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible to perform engineering duties in planning, designing tools and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Recommend design modifications to improve assembly and/or cut costs.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics and their applications.
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of goods.
- Circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
Bachelor’s degree and any work experience with electronics a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing procedures and processes.
- Ability to create clear and concise drawings and assembly instructions.
- Familiarity with manufacturers and distributors of raw goods.
- Ability to analyses and properly select substitution parts for obsolete or long lead-time items.
- Ability to report to scheduled work hours promptly each day.
How to Apply
Please email expressions of interest and resumes to:
The PBE Group