The PBE Group, an international, mid-size industrial technology corporation, is in immediate need of a strong team player in the role of Test Technician.
The PBE Group is a technology company which designs and manufactures safety, communications, power, and productivity systems for the mining and industrial tunneling markets. The company is actively pursuing strategic acquisitions while growing its sales and distribution capabilities through developing stronger product offerings, recruiting highly skilled individuals, and implementing lean principles throughout the business. PBE has been in operation for 47+ years and proudly employs over 300+ dedicated and hardworking individuals located in 10 countries.
PBE Group offers a full benefit package to include medical, dental and vision. In addition, PBE has a company paid life insurance with AD&D, STD, LTD benefits. PBE offers a 401K retirement plan with eligibility requirements. In addition, PBE employees have the option to purchase critical care, accident, voluntary life and voluntary AD&D. Employment with PBE comes with paid vacation and paid holiday benefits.
The Test Technician is responsible to test and troubleshoot production electronic components and assemblies.
- Responsible to test and troubleshoot production electronic components and assemblies. This includes the use of various test equipment such as a multi-meter, various PBE test fixtures and customer provided test equipment.
- Responsible to maintain test equipment as needed, including repairing broken wires, replacing batteries, etc.
- Responsible to read production Travelers and Manufacturing Instructions, specifications and drawing requirements to determine the test procedure and equipment required to test assemblies.
- Responsible to work with production to maintain schedule and to understand what is required to repair assemblies.
- Responsible to record test data.
- Discusses layout, assembly procedures and problems with Electrical Engineers. Drawssketches to clarify design details and functional criteria of electronic units.
- Recommends changes in circuitry or installation specifications to simplify assembly and maintenance.
- Responsible to set up test apparatus to test equipment and circuitry to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and live tests to evaluate performance and reliability of prototype or production models.
Associate Degree in electronics, electrical and electronics equipment repair, electronic technology or other engineering specialty; or – equivalent trade school or military training. Experience in electronic/electrical industry may be substituted.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have abstract reasoning skills, creative thinking skills, mathematical skills, and problem solving skills.
- Must have computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Office, Spreadsheet, Word, and Works.
- Must have the ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
How to Apply
Please email expressions of interest and resumes to:
The PBE Group