Not all of our opportunities are about educational qualifications and experience. As a cable repairer, you will be part of team that is responsible for the repair of high voltage cables in a workshop environment. Full training will be given and the main attributes are energy, drive and hard work. Being part of a great team is a fantastic reward and the opportunity to grow with the company.
- The repair of high voltage cables and other workshop tasks as and when required.
- Working with experienced team members on achieving quick turnarounds to meet customer requirements.
- Communicate with management and team members to understand workloads and meet schedules.
- Understand and implement safety measures to ensure safe workplace.
Any experience as a labourer or with cables/workshops would be an advantages but we are looking for drive and determination and a personality that fits with the PBE culture.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Organizational skills, coupled with good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- A ‘get it done attitude’, motivation and drive
- Strong multi-tasking skills and comfortable working on several projects simultaneously.
- Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic.
- Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.