The Software Developer’s responsibilities include: design, develop, test and deploy software systems/solutions for the mining and tunneling industry.
- Design and develop software using design patterns and best practices.
- Maintain a strict version control system.
- Assist in development of high-level design and solution architecture.
- Communicate with different parties and/or departments to include: customers, vendors, internal engineering and manufacturing to ensure software applications meet customer requirements and quality standards.
- Gather and document software project requirements and solutions.
- Troubleshooting, performing problem analysis and fixing bugs.
- Plan and execute software verification, validation and testing activities.
- Preparation of software and regulatory documentation, including software documentation, manuals, installation instructions, etc.
- Participate in design reviews, project meetings and time/cost budgeting.
- Assist in software implementation and training in the company and client environment.
- Meet project schedule deadlines and budgets.
- Recommend software tools and services as required for project development.
- Perform other duties assigned by the management.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Experience with C#, IIS, WCF, MSSQL, DBMS, Scripting, web design & cross-browser development a plus. Experience within mining and tunneling is a plus.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, reach with hands and arms, balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Working knowledge of C, C++, C#, SQL, OOP, Visual Studio Professional and developing in a .NET environment.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), MS Projects, Visio and other relevant software packages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with employees within all departments as well as with customers and suppliers.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.