The Industrial Engineer is responsible to work with manufacturing engineering and manufacturing operations to optimize production, create standardized work, job designs, flow analysis, ergonomics, continuous improvement, layout of the plant, increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Responsible to apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using applicable drawing programs.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Communicate with management and team assemblers to develop production and design standards.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Review, design, and implement safety measures and procedures to ensure safe workplace design.
- Oversee reporting/improvement activities of KPI’s related to production efficiency such as scrap reduction,
- goal hour reporting , and product cost measurements.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related fields, manufacturing work experience helpful but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Comfortable working on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer experience using spreadsheet, work processing, and statistical software.
- Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic.
- Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
- Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with/and partner with/all levels of employees.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.