The Product Quality & Manufacturing Engineer is responsible to work with manufacturing operations to optimize production, create standardized work, increase efficiencies, insure product quality and reduce costs. The role will also work with the design engineering team performing engineering duties in planning, designing tools and other mechanically functioning equipment.
- Ensuring that Quality remains a complete focus of our manufacturing operations
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, or computer-generated reports.
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Responsible to apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using CAD.
- Communicate with management and team assemblers to develop production and design standards.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure accuracy of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
Trade Certificate or Degree in Electrical / Mechatronics Engineering.
While perform the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger , handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
- Strong multi-tasking skills. Comfortable working on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing procedures and processes.
- Ability to create clear and concise drawings and assembly instructions.
- Strong computer experience using spreadsheet, word processing, and statistical software.
- Self-disciplined individual with strong work ethic.
- Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
- Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.