The Senior System Engineer is responsible for designing and delivering customer solutions working with the Regional Sales Team, PBE Product Development, Operations, PBE Systems Engineering Team and directly with clients. The Senior System Engineer is also responsible for technical interaction with junior engineers for training, mentoring and execution oversight. The Senior System Engineer is also expected to provide technological input and insight into new product development to improve PBE’s competitive position.
- Devise, analyze, and describe voice and data communications systems for a wide variety of projects.
- Develop and present customer facing technical proposals.
- Develop system BOM, drawings, and customer facing system documentation.
- Assists and oversee system installation, configuration, and upgrade.
- Perform site audits and feasibility studies.
- Respond to internal and external technical inquiries about system operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Establish system level and subsystem level technical and market requirements for products and projects.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software engineering.
- Provide technical training to clients.
- Travel for system commissioning, site surveys, including internationally.
- Represent the technical aspects of projects to Project Manager to support and manage installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of systems.
- Train, mentor and assist junior engineers in their skill and experience development.
- Represent PBE’s technical capabilities to the customer.
- Represent the customer’s technical needs to internal functions (engineering/other).
- Engineering degree- experience in working with complex voice and data communications systems
- BSEE, or BSET required, MSEE desired
- Experience or knowledge in the following technologies is a plus: Narrowband FM Half Duplex communications, Fiber DAS, Radiating Cable DAS, TCP/IP, P25, Tetra, CDMA, WCDMA LTE, 5G, PTC, Fiber optic, Wifi, BLE, Public Address systems.
- Must be able to capture system requirements based on customers’ description of their needs.
- Must be able to develop system solutions based on the requirements.
- Must be able to capture and describe systems solutions in the form of BOM, drawings and technical writing.
- Must be able to interact with customers directly to represent PBE technical capabilities.
- Must be able to articulate, and defend customer needs, represent the voice of the customer to other engineering disciplines and functions.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent problem solving, organization, and customer service skills.
- Must have abstract reasoning skills and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to provide, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as required to customer sites, both international and domestic
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.