The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for designing and delivering customer solutions working with the Regional Sales Team, PBE Product Development, Operations, PBE Systems Engineering Team and directly with clients.
- Perform site system audits and feasibility studies
- Provide technical training to clients
- Performs systems installation, configuration and upgrading of systems and related software and hardware.
- Responding to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Be familiar with both analog and digital two way radio systems, PBE product offerings and future development
- Have experience with field coverage testing and verification
- Be willing to spend a significant time in the field to accomplish the goals of our clients
- Develop custom solutions for a wide variety of projects including solutions for underground mines, Tunnels, in-building and multi-sites interconnect solutions
- Provide RFP technical response support.
- Develop and verify the customer Factory Acceptance Test and Site Acceptance Test ( CFAT/SAT)
- Design systems integrating standard PBE product and 3rd party products to meet customer requirements
- Verification and validation of system design
- Develop and present technical proposal support to sales personnel
- Develop final BOMs, drawings and wiring diagrams
- Work with Project Manager to support and manage installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of systems
- Support PBE’s Product Development team in collecting information/feedback for product design
- Work with and support manufacturing engineering team with any custom product development
- Supervision responsibilities
- Engineering degree- experience in working with systems
- BSEE, MSEE or PhD
- Experience or knowledge in the following technologies is a plus: Radio communicating, RFof, TCP/IP, P25, Tetra, LTE, PTC, Fiber opting, Wifi, BLE, PA systems.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent problem solving, organization, and customer service skills.
- Must have abstract reasoning skills and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to provide, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as required to customer sites, both international and domestic
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.