The Shipping Clerk is to verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Packaging items for shipment and assembling, addressing, stamping and shipping final and complete merchandise or material. The Shipping Clerk will also verify and record incoming merchandise or material. They are also responsible for arranging the transportation of products.
- Packages finished products, properly identifies and stores in an organized manner.
- Fills orders for items specified on the Sales Work Order and arranges for shipment per the specified carrier.
- Requisitions from the stockroom any spare parts to be shipped.
- Prepares Bill of Ladings, logs and/or inputs into the computer as required for the specified carrier.
- Initiates tracers on any shipments lost in transit.
- Constantly reviews packaging requirements and needs to assure the shipment is protected to the best commercial standards.
- Unloads materials coming into the receiving dock. Checks for any physical damage and delivers to the specified person or department.
- Makes copies of all PBE product manuals and assures these are placed with the correct product when packaged.
- Performs cycle counts as directed per ERP generated list on material stored in stock locations. The Shipping Clerk is accountable for the correct inventory and system counts.
- Reviews discrepancies between the actual count and the ERP system count, investigates the discrepancy, corrects the discrepancy and puts in place a procedure for non-reoccurrence.
- Reviews more in depth commercial shipping practices and makes suggestions as to procedure or equipment changes needed to maintain continuous improvement.
- Reviews customer complaints with shipments and makes suggestions as to procedure or equipment changes needed to maintain continuous improvement.
Able to read, write, communicate, perform simple math. Computer classes a plus. Forklift certification a plus. 3 to 5 years experience in shipping. Global shipping experience a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, talk or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Computer literate or trainable
- Very organized and able to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Able to lift and maneuver heavy loads (75lbs) from time to time.
- Ability to learn packaging requirements for shipping of materials and load/unload trucks.
- Must be able to learn product from finished goods to raw material.
- Ability to take verbal and/or written instruction from supervisors
- Ability to report to scheduled work hours promptly each day
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.