The Field Service Technician is responsible for working with PBE products to troubleshoot product issues in the Repair Department or in the field and repairing the products to the latest configuration
- Prepare and maintain Repair Work Orders through completion of repair.
- May clean units prior to evaluation.
- Troubleshoot PBE products to determine cause of failures utilizing standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, volt ohmmeters, etc.
- Repair and refurbish PBE products to the latest configuration maintaining soldering and workmanship standards set forth by the Quality department.
- May be used on repair routes to pick up repair units. Must have a valid driver’s license and no major outstanding violations.
- Troubleshoot customer installations in the field to determine cause and corrective action.
- Installation of PBE monitoring system applications including complete understanding of the PBE monitoring system software.
- Maintain all necessary certifications for underground service and repair.
- Assists engineering personnel on service calls if needed.
- Assists engineering on installation and follow-up of prototype models for field testing.
- Assists Distributor Service Center personnel as needed on service calls.
- Build on demand specials (product variations and new product ideas which do not have engineering packages).
- Help maintain all records necessary for the Repair/ Service Technicians.
- Work closely with the Sales group in promoting PBE products when on service calls or training seminars.
- Maintain a relationship with distributors as it relates to service and training.
- Aid in product demonstrations as requested by sales and our distributors.
Associate degree in electronics, electrical and electronics equipment repair, electronic technology or other engineering specialty; or, equivalent trade school or military training.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, talk or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to concentrate and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to use tools to repair and service products.
- Must have abstract reasoning skills and creative thinking skills.
- Mechanical ability
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to report to scheduled work hours promptly.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.