Compact Tunnel Substations (CTS)
Tunnelling Electrical Substations Capable of Distribution over Long Distances
Compact Tunnel Substation – CTS Series
The CTS series of electrical substations has been designed to operate at medium voltages for construction projects.
Commonly used in mining and tunnelling applications the CTS series of power substations is capable of distribution over long distances. A robust design allows this unit to be mobilised into the tunnel with ease.
Utilising standard voltages of 6.6kV, 11kV and 22kV the design enables the user to power remote machinery at a great distance enabling Independent power from the portal of the tunnel.
- Rated Voltage 6.6kV – 22kV
- Rated Power 315kVA – 2000kVA
- Weight 4T – 10T
- Length 4000mm – 9000mm, Height 1650mm -1800mm, Width 1000mm – 1100mm
- 8mm mild steel plate welded skid design
- 2-5mm mild steel enclosure
- Continuous welded electrical enclosure
- Powder Coated
- Anti corrosive shell
- Stainless steel option available
- Suitably rated lifting points
The CTS Substation is manufactured using 8mm mild steel plate welded skid design and 2-5mm mild steel, continuous welded electrical enclosure. Mild steel units are powder coated after being subjected to an anti-corrosive treatment.
Our standard supply transformer is the cast resin dry type which is the most accepted worldwide. If other types of transformers are preferred we can customise to the customers requirements.
LV Electrical Design
1100V – 690V rated MCCBs are used for power distribution and protection with access to switching through the dead front LV doors. Indications include as standard;
- Alarm and Trip indication
- Tx monitoring
- Ratings and options include;
- 415V – MCCBs are rated at 690V
- 1000V – MCCBs are rated at 1000V – 1100V
- Power Factor Correction module
- Exterior indication
MV Electrical Design
Our Medium voltage section is built using various configurations. The most popular option is for an incoming, through and transformer supply. This allows for an increase in usability in the tunnel. A Class 24kV option is available in a similar coordination as -11 series and the CTS can be provided with Cable Reeler integration as shown. Blast shield configuration is ideal for when drill & blast tunnelling is being used.
- Preferred Brand Socket Outlets
- Remote Fault Indication
- Digital Metering
- Power Factor Correction
- Back-Up Earth Leakage
- Pilot/Earth Continuity Protection
- Up to ten (10) Outgoing Outlets
- Tunnel Lighting Supplies
- External and Internal LED Lighting
- Blast Shield Design
- Robust Tubular Skid