Containerised Substations (CSS)
- Containerised Substations (CSS)
Medium Voltage Containerized Power Substations for Mining and Tunnel Construction
The CSS series unit has been designed to operate at medium voltages for construction projects. These electrical substations are commonly used in mining and tunnelling applications, the CSS is capable of distribution over long distances.
The size of the CSS allows a larger capacity for the transformer, up to 5MVA. The 20’ and 40’ container designs are in accordance with ISO standard sizes making transport on ship or truck an easy process.
Utilising standard voltages of 6.6kV, 11kV and 22kV, the design enables the user to power a complete construction site and supply high voltage through supplies as well. PBE’s CSS Series Containerised Substation suits a multitude of environments. Each power substation is designed in accordance to the specification required.
- Rated Voltage 6.6kV-22kV/1100-415V
- Rated Power 315kVA – 5000kVA
- Weight 6t – 18t
- Length 4000mm – 9000mm, Height 1650mm -1800mm, Width 1000mm – 1100mm
- 3-10mm mild steel ISO container
- Continuous welded electrical enclosures
- Anti-corrosion treated
- Fire safety doors
- Non slip internal floors
- Transport certifications
- Suitability rated lifting points
LV Electrical Design
690V – 1100V rated MCCBs are used for power distribution and protection with access to switching through the dead front LV doors.
Indications include as standard;
- Alarm and Trip indication
- Tx monitoring
- Ratings and options include;
- 415V – MCCBs are rated at 690V
- 1000V – MCCBs are rated at 1000V
- Power Factor Correction module
- Exterior indication
- Copper bus are suitably rated and meet Australian Standards, conductive grease is utilised in connections
- Lighting and small power outlets are standard
The substations robust construction enables it to be installed in harsh environments, it’s accessibility to the incoming and outgoing power supply and feed gives them a ‘plug and play’ characteristic.
MV Electrical Design
The CSS conforming to International Standards and can be configured with Single Incoming or Incoming through and Transformer supply allowing distribution from the HT and the LT end. Custom builds are available to meet customer specifications.
Containerised Substation Specifications
- Easy transportation, the dimensions are in accordance with ISO container standards, no need for flat rack shipping or oversize special transport
- Suitably rated lifting points for handling on site, the unit is structurally sound and designed within mechanical limitations. ISO locking corners, lifting points and forklift
- Access to the transformer compartment and provided with mechanically bolted doors and covers, fitted with safety switches
- Incoming and Outgoing supplies from beneath or side entry with glanded or adaptor entry
- Natural ventilation obtained with suitable slats protected by anti-insect grids
- Fan forced options available