PAS for Flameproof Mining
Proximity Alert System for the Flameproof Mining Market
A compact and ruggedized solution for the Collision Avoidance and Proximity Detection for the underground flameproof market sector.
PBE’s tag based Proximity Alert Systems (PAS) are designed to enhance workplace safety by reducing the risk of collisions through vehicle, asset and personnel detection. The PAS alerts the operator of the presence of pedestrians, vehicles and obstacles.
The configurable PAS-XP is flameproof and helps manage vehicle interactions by providing reliable information on direction and distance by utilizing multiple technologies including RFID, electromagnetics and bidirectional radar. All PAS solutions have extensive reporting capabilities to allow identification of safety issues and processes in addition to replaying of events. The tag can be incorporated into the cap lamp and will provide audible and visual alarms to the user. The PDS tags are also compatible with PBE’s tracking solution. The system provides a comprehensive integrated solution, with shaft clearance capabilities.
- Suitable for underground Intrinsically Safe (IS) mining environments
- Accurate range and direction for all vehicles, personnel, obstacles and assets
- Adaptable for both electrical and diesel trackless mobile machines
- Easy and convenient local configuration or user friendly software for future download
- All interactions are logged and the system has extensive reporting capability
- Provides customizable audible and visual alarms
- Self-contained design with minimal foot-print provides for quick installation and easy maintainability
- EM (Electromagnetics)
- Bi-Directional Radar
- Wi-Fi capability
- Multiple technologies for redundancy and accuracy
- Recognizes 4 user-definable groups, such as personnel, assets, vehicle types and obstacles.
- Zones can be uniquely configured per user-definable group
- Interaction or incident reports readily available in a bespoke format
- System caters for 4x Inputs & 3x Outputs which allows for customizable vehicle control
- Offers an integrated shaft clearance solution when used in conjunction with PBE’s Vantage system
- Requires 12/24V power supply and can be powered via the machine control circuit or an auxiliary power supply
- Configuration and data extraction can be done wirelessly or via the USB port
- 3 outputs and 4 inputs for alarms or allowing optional control and interaction with vehicle operation
- Compatible with PBE’s tracking system and entry/exit system functionality for an integrated solution
- GPS receiver for surface tracking and defining site geofencing
- Powered via the ignition circuit of the vehicle/machine or via an auxiliary power source
- USB port for configuration and data extraction without wireless connectivity