The Linux Embedded System Architect is ultimately responsible for the Embedded Linux Software technology, tools, solution, development and support for PBE Axell’s products. This is a manager role reporting to the Director of Technology.
- Define and implement Embedded Linux Systems for PBE products
- Choose designs that exceed the requirements while minimizing cost and development time
- Maintain knowledge of latest processors, SoCs, distributions, development tools, design and test technologies in the Linux Software design area.
- Assists and oversee system installation.
- Provide technical input and support to FPGA, Electrical, Systems and Mechanical engineering disciplines
- Provide technical training to internal and external stakeholders, both technical and non-technical
- Capture design concepts, solutions and other technical ideas with drawings and concise written descriptions
- Estimate labour and material cost and schedule time to develop new technologies, features, and solutions in support of product design.
- Manage the assignment of technical tasks to subordinate engineers, internal and external.
- Review the technical work products of subordinate engineers.
- Establish tools, process, and standards for the execution of software engineering work.
- Engineering degree- experience in working with complex voice and data communications systems
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree required, MS degree desired
- Subject matter expert knowledge in Embedded Linux Software, test and troubleshooting, development tools and configuration management.
- 10 years experience in embedded software design
- Expert knowledge and experience in current programming languages, development tools, build systems and code repositories common to Linux software development
- Experience or knowledge in the following technologies is a plus: Narrowband FM Half Duplex communications, Fiber DAS, Radiating Cable DAS, TCP/IP, P25, Tetra, CDMA, WCDMA, LTE, 5G, PTC, Fiber optic, Wifi, BLE, CPRI, ORAN, eCPRI, Digital pre-distortion, Digital I/Q data paths, Digital Signal Processing, ADCs DACs.
- Must be able to capture the entirety of software requirements based on system level requirements.
- Must be able to develop embedded Linux system solutions based on the requirements.
- Must be able to capture and describe Embedded Linux Software solutions in the form drawings and technical writing.
- Must be a confident leader able to represent the company in technical interactions with vendors, partners and customers.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent problem solving, organization, and customer service skills.
- Must have abstract reasoning skills and creative thinking skills.
- Ability to provide, understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to lead and direct others
- Must be process oriented and be able to solve execution inefficiency and issues with process control.
Ability to travel as required to customer sites, both international and domestic
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.